How to attract, keep and motivate your employees
- Conduct an employee satisfaction survey at least once a year.
- Initiate interviews and surveys concerning the real reasons people come to and leave your organisation.
- Improve your hiring process to create a better match between the individual's talents and job requirements.
- Provide flexible work arrangements for working parents and older workers.
- Hold managers responsible for retention in their departments.
- Start measuring the cost of turnover.
- Focus on the key jobs that have the greatest impact on profitability and productivity.
- Examine those departments that have the highest turnover rates.
- Design an effective employee orientation programme.
Author: Greg Smith